WORKSHOP: Puberty Education Campaign
03 / Oct
Classes: V to IX girl students & teachers
Date: 3rd Oct 2023
Duration: 90 minutes each/ 3 batches
Resource Person: Aparajita Basu Roy (MSc. Neuropsychology)
(Training Partners: Right Side Story & Whisper India, P&G)
Synopsis of the Workshop
Following are the highlights of the workshop:
- 612 Girl students were part of this initiative from Classes V to IX
- The sessions took place in 3 batches
- The 90 minutes sessions included insightful discussions, age appropriate content and empowering messages.
- Concepts – Human development & Puberty were explained using age appropriate examples. Menstruation cycle, period hygiene, myths, self-care, relationships & consent and Good Practice Guidelines were part of the framework.
- Audio-visual aids were used to make the session interesting
- In support of menstrual health & hygiene each girl received four sanitary napkins & a Red letter- an initiative by Whisper India, P&G.
- A certificate of participation to celebrate their commitment towards self-improvement & personal growth.
- Informative 20 eye-catching posters to adorn notice boards for the school.
All queries were handled effectively by the resource person.